A house on the water.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Vietnam!!!
So about 10 days ago, Nate and I returned from our trip to Vietnam. We stayed in Hanoi the majority of the time and explored the area mostly by foot. Vietnam was a very interesting place, and quite different from Hong Kong. It really made us appreciate how modern, clean, and international Hong Kong is. I'll let the pictures tell our story. (We took about 120, so I unfortunately couldn't include them all.)
A temple in the middle of the lake in Hanoi.
The busy streets of Hanoi, full of honking motorbikes.
Bottles of an unknown liquid that is supposed to be good for you if you drink it...notice the snake and scorpions inside. Eww!
Colorful lanterns for sale in the street.
Many women carry around fruit or other goods for sale in this manner.
A giant embalmed tortoise that is fabled to have saved Hanoi from a terrible ruler. It's in a temple on the lake. I find this very humorous.
The entrance to the Temple of Literature.
Inside the Temple of Literature.
Also inside the Temple of Literature.
The One Pillar Pagoda.
We went to Ninh Binh, about 2 hours away, and were paddled around like these folks on a little boat. Note the man rowing with his FEET! The next 4 pictures were also taken there, from our boat.
