1. Before CNY, William said to me, "Mrs. Dennison, when the baby is coming, you'll need to go to the bathroom. Then the egg will come out." Clearly, William thinks I'm giving birth to a chicken.
2. My belly button sticks out, and it's more visible in some clothes than others. Megan pointed at my belly button the other day and said, "Mrs. Dennison, is that the baby's finger sticking out?"
3. Marissa: "Mrs. Dennison, can I have your baby?" Um, no!
4. The kids are starting to get a little jealous of the baby! It's like they're the older siblings! At first, they were all completely excited. Now, they're still very excited for the most part, but I have started occasionally getting comments like, "Why do you have to have a baby?" or "You don't need to have a baby," mostly from girls in the class. Definitely wasn't expecting the jealousy- very interesting!
5. I was sitting with a child close on either side of me during writing time, working on their poems. All of the sudden, the baby stretched across my belly and it contorted quite obviously. It totally startled the kids! The looks on their faces were hilarious!