So Nate and I decided to try getting a food delivery of local organic veggies (and a few fruits). It came, looking all nice and pretty and tied up in twine. So healthy, so natural. I was excited.
Then came the hard parts- figuring out what to do with it all, and trying to get it all eaten before it went bad. Now Nate and I eat our veggies, but this was A LOT of stuff. And you would think that because it's local and didn't spend much time in transit that it would last longer. Well, it doesn't.
I spent the first day looking up the three different kinds of greens on the internet- didn't know what they were. Found out we had red amaranth ("Chinese spinach"), choi sum, and sweet potato leaves. Who even knew you could eat sweet potato leaves? We also had yard-long green beans, three kinds of mushrooms, white and purple eggplant, two kinds of basil, bananas, green chili, okra, and guava. It was a lot of food to try to consume in a few days. Some recipes we made to use it: roasted eggplant risotto with pine nuts and goat cheese, fried okra, gnocchi with mushroom sauce, etc.
It turned out to be very stressful for me, trying to figure out what to do with all of it and worrying if we could get it eaten before it went bad. So, sadly, I don't think we'll do it again. Oh well, we tried.
Now, on to what (or rather, who) you all really want to see- Finley!
Here he is, caught red-handed: "Who, me? I didn't bite the crab, I swear!" (Notice the trail of drool coming out of his mouth.)


Finley is getting much better with the hand-eye coordination. He loves to grab and bat at toys on his play gym. If you hold a toy (or anything, for that matter) in front of him, his hands immediately go for it.
Grabbing his bird's tail feathers is a favorite. You can tell by the open mouth that he really wants to chew on it.



