Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rocking the Jet Lag

Since our last post, a lot has happened (which is why I haven't had time to post!). I finished my fall semester classes, Nate's on holiday, I celebrated a birthday, and we flew to NC! And now we're rocking the jet lag that comes from a 13-hour time difference between NC and HK. Finley did well on the flights, and we only had a slight delay from Chicago to NC, so we were very happy. And now we're super happy to be with family for the holidays. We've already eaten tons of good food (NC bbq, chocolate delight birthday cake, lasagna, and all my mom's Christmas goodies), and we've been shopping, all in a couple of days. I don't have any great Christmas photos yet to share, but here are a few random photos from Nate's iPhone from the past couple of weeks that you can enjoy in the meantime.

These are the decorations at our apartment complex. The pink is nice, right?

Finley's into trying on our shoes these days.


We took Finley for his first real haircut last week. It was a disaster. We had to hold him while he kicked and screamed.

We went out last week to buy a slow cooker to celebrate signing another contract for the next couple of years. Here's the Christmas tree at the mall where we went (in HK).