Saturday, January 14, 2012

21 Months!

Finley is inching closer and closer to being 2, which is just crazy if you ask me! Finley is constantly surprising me with what he says these days. On Friday, I was walking down the street, wearing Finley in the Ergo carrier. As we passed a couple, they politely said, "Morning." So I said, "Morning." And then Finley said, "Morning!" from inside the carrier! Too cute.

Things are super busy for Nate and me. Nate came back to having to proof report cards, and I came back to immediately starting my 3 classes for the semester, which are supposed to add up to about 42 hours of work per week. What have I gotten myself into? And I have been asked to start tutoring the younger child of the family I tutor for, so now I'm going to be tutoring twice a week! Luckily, Finley started sleeping through the night again. Praise God for that! Nate and I were getting pretty burned out with waking up 3 times a night over the entire Christmas break. I'll tell you, we spent a record number of hours in rocking chairs this Christmas! (But we were so happy to see our family that it was worth it!)

One thing I appreciate about being back in my own home is being able to have free reign over the kitchen. I really enjoy cooking and eating, particularly trying new things, and Nate is generally very supportive of that. Here's one of my creations from this week. Green soup (I like to call it Detox Soup) with Olive Oil and sourdough bread to accompany. Trust me, it was even more green in person than in the photo! Just in case you're wondering, the main ingredients were caramelized onions, spinach, kale, broth, and lemon juice. Very healthy, and didn't even taste "green" if you ask me. I had to do something to make up for all the Christmas treats we have around the house!