Monday, June 11, 2012

Exciting Times

There's a lot of excitement going on in my side of the family right now.  My sister and her husband are adopting a baby who was born on June 8th!  It's a boy who they have decided to name Isaac.  Of course I'm sad I can't be there to meet him in person until next month, but we're so happy for Jessica and Brett and know they'll be wonderful, loving parents!  Welcome to the world, baby Isaac!

The teacher I'm subbing for also had her baby a few days ago and I got to go visit them last week.  And a couple of weeks ago, our friend from church had a baby.  All these babies are giving me baby fever and making me anxious to hold our little one!  My stomach seems to have seriously popped over the last couple of weeks, and it makes me worry a bit about how big I'm going to be by the end.  Eek.  Baby is now about 11 inches long, and I don't even want to know the resulting circumference of my belly!  Here is a quick iPhone photo to give you an idea of how big it's getting (excuse the insane red eyes).    Mind you, I still had someone say on Sunday, "Oh, you're still tiny!  I can hardly tell you're even pregnant!"  Maybe she was just trying to make me feel better?

Only 3 more days of subbing for me!  The kids are wild and crazy by now, so it's tiring.  And poor Finley had a cold the first week I subbed, which turned into an ear infection last week.  So I've hated that I had to leave a sick child to go to work, but I guess that's just how things happen sometimes.  Fortunately Finley has started sleeping a bit better at night again, though he's still not happy about me working so much.

We took Finley for a major haircut this weekend.  Finley hates haircuts, so there is a lot of screaming and crying involved and blonde hair flying everywhere, while the stylist cuts as fast as possible.  Seriously, I left the salon with Finley's hair in places you don't even want to know about, including plenty in my mouth.  Here's the new 'do, a bit messy from a day of playing, but you get the idea.  We like his hair a bit longer so it can curl, but it's such an ordeal to cut it that we make it short so it will be a longer period of time before he needs another haircut!

Nate and I are super excited that it looks like we've found a new apartment for next year!  We're scheduled to move in mid-August, so we'll be there in time for Finley to adjust to the new place before baby arrives, and we'll also be able to get the nursery ready!  The new apartment is in Stanley, which is only 5 minutes away.  It's walking distance to everything, unlike where we live now.  There is a bus stop very close by (crucial with young children), and there are beaches, playgrounds, shops, restaurants, etc. all within walking distance.  It's not really much if any bigger than our current place, but it has 3 bedrooms and is in great condition.  And it has an oven, albeit very small.  (Most apartments in HK don't have ovens.)  We're also so excited that it has a roof...which means we can get a grill!  We have been seriously missing having a grill for the past 4 years!