Saturday, October 19, 2013

1 Year Stats, Video, Etc.

Okay, I promise this is (probably) Elise's last birthday post.  Click here for Elise's birthday video.  And here are a few more photos of her opening up a gift, and more importantly, experiencing the wonder of tissue paper for the first time.
"Hmm...what's this?  It's for me?"

"Don't mind if I do..."

"I think I like it!"

"Let me just investigate it a little further."

"I love it!  It's amazing!"  
(And then she started shrieking and shaking the tissue paper all over the place!)

Here is 1 year old info about Elise:
  • Has 6 teeth (4 top, 2 bottom).
  • Is 77.2 cm long (85%) and weighs 9.14 kg (55%).
  • Mostly wears 12 month size clothing and size medium diapers.
  • Knows a handful of words-- more, dog, apple (what she calls all food), star (she points up and says it), etc.-- but doesn't yet call us mama or dada.
  • Walks all over the place now and climbs on everything.  She can climb up on the couch, chair, and Finley's bed all by herself!
  • Loves to walk up and down stairs (with help).
  • Puts herself to sleep and sleeps through the night, but wakes up about an hour earlier than Mommy and Daddy would prefer!
  • Takes 2 naps per day.
  • Can't tolerate cow's milk yet, but at least I can have a moderate amount now and it doesn't bother her too much. 
  • Some favorite foods are: steel cut oats, peas, corn, grapes, mango, pomelo, baked sweet potato fries, garlic broccoli, and pasta.
  • Very feisty!  Don't even try to take away something she's holding!
  • Loves to find shoes and clothes around the house and try them on.