Monday, December 2, 2013

Pandas & Plants

I have a lot of blog updating to do, but it's been hard.  Both Nate and Cathrina have been gone!  So bare with me, and I promise there will be a video soon of miss Elise and a 14 month update.  For now, here are some photos to whet your appetite.

First, these are from Ocean Park.  We saw the pandas this weekend, and Elise especially loved it.  (Let's be honest, the animals and educational factor are the main reason we have OP passes.)




This is from a date night to a Szechuan restaurant.  This is a Szechuan fried chicken dish, and as you can see, it is full of hundreds of peppers.  Spicy but good!  We left with very full bellies.

It's finally planting season here.  The weather is sunny and clear most every day and a high between 70-75.  Gorgeous.  My thumb is anything but green, but I'm trying!


 The kids' favorites are the tomatoes.  Elise will go snatch them off the plant (ripe or not) and pop them straight into her mouth if you don't watch her like a hawk.


Finley loves the tomatoes too.  He's showing off two here before eating them.  We never make it downstairs with the tomatoes; it's all I can do to get the kids to let me rinse them off before eating them!