Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Elise @ 18 Months

Elise is 18 months old!  She went in for some vaccinations and we found out her height is around 82 cm (65%) and weight 10.7 kg (50%).  Elise knows a ridiculous number of words now-- so many I can't possibly begin to list them.  For example, when talking about our trip to the doctor, Elise said the words: ouchy, cry, bandaid, leg, sad.  One of the trickiest words for her to learn was "Finley", but she even has a word for that now: "Pliney".  She drops the E on her name and calls herself "Lise".  Whenever Elise wants to do something by herself, she proclaims, "Lise!"  Yep, we're already in that independent toddler phase!  Elise talks a lot, and Finley talks nonstop (and loudly), so don't come to our house if you have a headache!

When I try to sing Elise a song at bedtime, she interrupts me about 10 times with her fascinating and adorable thoughts.  This is how it might go:  "Twinkle twinkle little star, how I..." She'll look around the room, see her baby and say, "Baby....eyes!"  I'll say, "Yes, the baby has eyes.  How I wonder what you..." "Opme!"  "Yes, Baby's eyes are open.  Up above the world so..."  Then she'll close her eyes and say, "Close".  "Your eyes are closed.  Like a diamond in the sky..." "Teekle!"  "That's right, I'm singing Twinkle Twinkle."  (Or at least trying to!) "Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder..." "Milk.  Bottle."  "Mmm hmm.  You had milk after your bath.  How I wonder what you are."  Ha!  It's a wonder I can get through a song in less than half an hour!

Elise is an active little one, forever trying to keep up with her active big brother.  Her recent obsession is learning to jump.  She does know how to jump up yet, but she loves to hold our hands and jump off furniture.

Playing doctor at home is much more fun than the real thing!