We took a little time off from working over the Labor Day weekend to explore the new 'hood. We made it into the District for a super yummy breakfast at Ted's Bulletin and trip to The Yard park. I'm talking scratch-made beer biscuits with sausage gravy, homemade pop tarts covered in sprinkles, and hash browns that would even convert a non-hash brown person like me! Nate and I were so stuffed that we didn't even need to eat lunch... And that's unheard of for me!
Next we made it to a new park on the water near the Navy Yard and stadium, because I had read it had fountains for the kids to play in. They happened to be turned off for some reason, but the kids had a great time going for a little swim in the "canal". In fact, they refused to walk around and see the park because they were just dying to get in the water RIGHT NOW!! Another hot day, but the weather has overall been gorgeous since we arrived. So many super sunny days with beautiful blue skies.





