Nate and I haven't had any dates out without the kids since we moved here. We don't have a babysitter yet, and finding one is a little more complicated for us since s/he needs to be a bit more qualified. Fortunately most places are much more kid-friendly here than in HK. We usually go out to dinner as a family once per week, and a few weeks ago we tried Maggianos. The waiter was insane, but super good with the kids. He even dressed them up as chefs!
And then this happened. Honestly, while I was excited to receive our belongings after over 3 months, I was also dreading having to deal with 102 boxes of stuff and all the packing materials in which it arrived. It was about a week of complete insanity dealing with it all... Well, dealing with most of it. We can't put everything where it needs to go until we finish the basement, so for now we have all kinds of things sitting in weird places. But that's okay, because I've been reminding myself that it will take us a good year to get somewhat settled.



