Thursday, November 5, 2009

17 Week Update

We went back for another doctor visit this week. The doctor did a quick ultrasound just to check that everything looks good (and it did). We don't have a lot of good photos, but here are a couple to check out. The baby was upside down, so you can see the head at the bottom and part of the chest above that. In the top picture, you can see the eye, nose, and lips quite well.
We also had some really amazing views of an arm and leg. We could see all of the bones! Unfortunately the doctor didn't take a picture of those, because she was too busy looking for the baby's private parts. The umbilical cord was right between the baby's legs, so she couldn't get a very good shot, but she feels pretty sure it's a....drumroll please...BOY! No big surprise there since the Dennison men seem to only be able to produce boys. Good thing I'm a big fan of Carolina blue! :)

We go back at the very beginning of December for our big scan done by the sonographer to check all of the growth and development. We should be able to see some pretty amazing things by then, as well as hopefully getting a stronger confirmation of the gender. We can also get that scan on DVD, so we can share it with family at Christmas! How awesome is that?

As for me, I'm feeling way better over the last few weeks. The nausea is probably 95% gone, and I have significantly more energy. I'm finally starting to show, but I guess I'm pretty small for how far along I am, so I get a lot of, "You're how far along?!? Wow, you're hardly even showing!" That's kind of frustrating, because I am looking forward to being large enough that I'm clearly pregnant and not just fat in the belly area. I'll try to take a new belly photo soon and post it so you can decide for yourself!