19 1/2 weeks now. Feeling great overall, but still a relatively petite "bump." But, the kids in my class are starting to notice it. Some of them really like to touch my belly and talk to it- very cute. One little girl asks me multiple times every day, "How big is the baby now?" I've been trying to explain that it gets bigger every day, but very slowly. She looked at me yesterday, very seriously, and said, "Mrs. Dennison, I think you need to eat more. It's not big enough yet." The kids also think that the baby literally eats what I eat, because it lives in my belly. I'm going to let them keep thinking that, because I'm not about to explain about my uterus, placenta, umbilical cord, etc.
I'm stuck in HK alone this week. Nate is at a conference in DC. Luckily, he will finally come home Monday night after 8 days away. He figured this would be his last chance to go to a conference for a while, which is right because I'm not letting him out of the country alone again until our child is off to college. (Kidding.)
I've been feeling the baby move everyday for the past week or two. I guess that's an advantage of being on the smaller side-- there's less between me and the baby, so I can feel it more. According to what I read, the baby should be around 6 inches long from head to bum and weigh 8 oz. right now. At 20 weeks, it switches to head to heel length, because the baby's body is finally straight enough to measure the full length. The baby should be around 10 inches(!!!) and weigh 10.5 oz! So exciting!
It's hard to believe I'm half way there!