34 Weeks down, 6 to go! I really can't decide if that's too much time or not enough. My body is screaming, "6 more weeks???" but I still have a lot to do to get ready...mainly the nursery and shopping for supplies like diapers and such.
Earlier this week, I threw on some comfy workout clothes after school, and then Nate and I decided to run to the grocery. I have to admit, the clothes I was wearing were tighter than I would normally wear in public. The bump got a lot of stares, which made me quite uncomfortable. To be fair, I guess it is pretty massive at this point. So Nate insisted on whipping out the camera when we got home to document the massiveness.
And he thought it would be funny if I held his basketball in the photo to match the basketball under my shirt. (Notice how I look so thrilled to be taking the photo.)
Do you know a TA at school today actually asked- very casually- how much weight I've gained so far? Lucky for me, I stopped weighing myself a few weeks ago, which I told her. There are just no boundaries when you're pregnant. Also, a lot of people these days look straight at my belly, then look up at my face. (Like I don't notice.) But hey, maybe that's a good thing since my face is really swollen by now. Probably better they just keep looking at the swollen belly instead!
I'll leave you with a conversation I had today with a grade 1 student who was in my class last year.
Me: "Hi Christopher!"
Christopher, looking at my belly with shock: "Mrs. Dennison! The baby's not out yet?!"
Me: "No, still in here."
Christopher, referring to my belly: "It's so big! Why don't you just go to the doctor and get him to take the baby out?"
Me: "Good idea, but it's not quite time yet."
Too cute.