Finley is over one month old! He has been having major growth spurts over the past couple of weeks. At his one month check up, he was 10.8 lb and 22.5 in! I guess he's getting plenty to eat! Finley is becoming increasingly more alert, and we're enjoying his awake time, especially if he's not fussy! He loves to look at our faces, out the window, and up at lights.
Here is Finley reading with Dad one night.

And this is where the story got a little scary! (Is this not the most hilarious picture you've ever seen?)

Finley loves to hold his head up when I burp him. He does a great job holding it up, but I still have to keep my hand there as a precaution.

We've started trying to introduce Finley to the pacifier. The books I've read and midwives I've talked to say you need to introduce the pacifier and bottle at this age if you're going to, or else the baby may very well completely reject it. We bought orthodontic pacifiers, which are supposed to be better for breastfed babies.
Once in a while, we can get him to keep it in for a minute or so. Isn't the bumblebee cute? Nate thinks he looks like a "real baby" with a pacifier in his mouth.

