Sunday, May 30, 2010

The End of an Era

It's official, the pregnancy is over. I went for my 6 week check-up with Grace this week. Now I most likely won't ever see her again, because I'm guessing Baby #2 probably won't be born in HK. It's a bit sad, actually. I really enjoyed being pregnant (nausea aside), and I will admit it was an adjustment to lose my baby bump in a matter of minutes. But, life is certainly more exciting and rewarding with Finley on the outside. We love to cuddle with him!

This week has been super busy, because I've been trying to work on report cards while also mothering an infant going through his 6 week growth spurt. That means more eating, more fussiness, and less sleep. A more exciting milestone has been that Finley is smiling now in response to our smiles! Oddly, his early morning feeding is a great time to get him to smile. Why he is so chipper around 6am I do not know.

Just a few photos this week. This first one is Finley's toes sticking out of his blanket. Here's what happens: We cover Finley up. Something startles Finley. His feet shoot out, toes spread. His toes go through the holes in the blanket. It's pretty funny.


Our baby is "pretty fly for a white guy."


This is what I love.