Friday, November 19, 2010

Grad School

I just realized I never put anything on the blog about grad school! (I guess I've forgotten that this blog is about our whole family, not just Finley.) I found out a couple of weeks ago that I got accepted into the Masters of Arts in Education program at Michigan State University.

How, you might be wondering, will I attend MSU while living in Hong Kong? It's an online program, so all the work will be done via the internet, including my masters portfolio of work. I am going to have two concentration areas, Literacy and Special Education, so many of my classes will be in those two areas. I think being in an online program will be difficult and require a lot of discipline, but I also think it is the perfect option for me to be able to do my work from home and not have to leave Finley.

The program starts in January, and I'm already signed up for my first two classes. Here's hoping that a couple of years from now I'll have a masters degree!