Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Long Overdue Video

Sorry I've been a little slack on putting up videos recently. Things have been busy. Only a few more days until we leave for the States, and lots to do!

Finley turned 8 months old yesterday. I almost hesitate to put up this video, because Finley has already changed so much since it was taken a week and a half ago. He has stopped crawling on his belly now and is up on his knees, and he pulls himself up to standing quickly and easily on everything. He can even stand up in his pack 'n play by walking his hands up the side. Finley can get himself into a sitting position now, and he loves to shriek. (I'm hoping the shrieking is a very short phase.)

A little unsure about how the plane ride will go. Finley is a very good baby, and I think he's quite a happy baby, but he is active. He tries to get out of our arms so he can get down and crawl or walk. I'm hoping we can keep him happy on the plane by helping him walk around so he doesn't have to crawl on the yucky floor! Speaking of, Nate and I have finally started the Asian custom of no shoes in the house. It just seems disgusting thinking about us walking around in public bathrooms or stepping in dog poo and then wearing our shoes around so Finley can lick those germs off the floor. (Seriously, he really does put his face on the floor frequently.) It's such a strong custom here that no one would dare wear their shoes inside your house-- ever. If a repairman comes, he leaves his shoes outside the door. If a friend comes over, they always leave their shoes by the door. It's actually quite nice because I don't like wearing shoes anyway, and tend to walk around barefoot all the time. But, I digress. Here's the video!