Sunday, January 23, 2011

Talking Video & CNY Dinner

Nate and I went to the annual Chinese New Year dinner for school staff (guards, secretaries, cleaners, etc.) this weekend. They do a traditional 10 course dinner. I snuck out Nate's iPhone to take a few photos for you.

The first is the head (notice the teeth) and tail of the fish they served us. They put them on display on the lazy Susan so everyone could admire them while we ate.


Next we have bone marrow, made out of a vegetable and then some sort of dehydrated and rehydrated scallop in the middle.


Last is a photo of what real sesame chicken looks like. The piece on the left doesn't even have any meat, just fat, skin, and bone. Now you see why Nate and I want "Chinese" food when we come back to the States.


Finley has been talking up a storm recently. We're loving it, and trying to really encourage his babbling in the hopes he will move out of his squealing/screaming stage. Enjoy the video. (The best is the last clip!)