Happy Valentine's Day! Nate and I went out to a yummy dinner to celebrate this weekend. We tried out a cozy little French restaurant amidst the chaos that is Causeway Bay. We had great French onion soup, escargot cooked in lots of butter and garlic (it sounds gross, but it's really good!), crepe
suzette, etc. They served pate with the bread, but I have to admit it doesn't seem all that special to me; seems like ground up meat I would serve Finley as baby food. Maybe if it had a little more flavor? I think real butter is much more luxurious than pate.
I have a few
CNY-related photos to share. The first was a couple of days after Nate returned from his trip to the States over
CNY. He was a little jet-lagged. He fell asleep in Finley's playpen.

One of the Mandarin teachers from school came by to visit us for
CNY. She brought Finley a
lai see (or
hong bao in Mandarin) and explained that we're supposed to put it in Finley's crib so he'll be rich.

But Finley thought it would be more advantageous to eat it.