Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to Finley!

One year and one week ago, we were blessed with the birth of our precious Finley. Happy 1st birthday, Finley! Nate and I can't believe how quickly our baby has turned into a toddler!


We had a fun birthday party for Finley last Sunday at the school. It was supposed to be on the playground, but there was severe rain that afternoon, so we moved it into the gym. Here are some of the photos. I'm only including the ones of Finley or us, because this blog is not password protected and I'm not sure that everyone wants their photos on it. So if you want to see them all, you'll have to check out Facebook. There is also video, but I haven't had time to load it on the computer or edit it yet.

Working on the party favors: sugar cookies with lemon royal icing. Way too time consuming. Not sure what I was thinking.


The cake I made. Finley didn't get to eat it, though. I made him his own separate muffin/cupcake that was made with no sugar- just fruit, wheat flour, flax, baking soda and milk. Some of the other babies had the cupcakes, too.

The birthday boy, wearing his shirt from Aunt J & Uncle B.

Letting it all hang out with Daddy.

He looks so old standing there!

Trying out a dumpling.

Quick break from climbing on the mats to take a photo.

"Happy birthday to you..."

Finley got a little scared of the 40-50 people staring, singing, and taking photos.

But then he got excited!

Mommy and Daddy got to blow out the candle for surviving the first year of parenthood!

Finley tasted some of his special baby cupcake. He didn't eat it, just put his hands in it.

Cutting the cake

Catching a ride with Dad