Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dinner time

Things get a little crazy at dinner time around here.




What, am I not feeding him enough? Or maybe he's just practicing yoga poses.


Finley is basically walking all by himself now, though he sometimes likes to hold my hand so he can walk faster. His favorite thing to do other than walking is testing gravity. He thoroughly enjoys throwing all his toys. Lucky for us, he usually throws them down instead of at us. Finley is definitely going through a clingy phase right now, which commonly happens around the time babies learn to walk, from what I read. They want to be independent, but they don't want to be independent. Finley has great fine motor skills- he can pick up the tiniest crumbs off the ground. (So everyone, make sure your house is clean when we come home this summer, or else Finley's going to be eating all the old food, bits of string, dust balls, etc. off your floor!)

Quirky fact about Finley: He loves to poop standing up in his crib. If we put him in there for a few minutes, 8 times out of 10 he will poop. Guess we know what to do if he ever gets constipated.

Finley has 8 teeth, and is an okay eater. He's a bit picky, but his pickiness makes no sense to me. For example, he ate salmon the other day, but he refused fruit. Or, he'll eat cheese one day and refuse it the next. Some of his current favorite foods are bagels, seaweed, peanut butter, beans (lima, black, edamame, whatever!), peas, chicken, yoghurt, applesauce, and Cheerios.

Wondering how I had time to write all this today? It's because I finished all my work for this semester! Now I have a month before starting summer classes to catch up on things like this, or submitting our receipts for our insurance, cooking, etc.