Nate spent the last week of our vacation at a conference at Harvard for work, and Finley and I hung out in NC with my family. It was a bit of a crazy week, because not only did I have to finish all my finals for my two summer classes and pack, but Finley also lost his passport. Yes, I'm blaming Finley, because he's too young to protest, and I'm somewhat convinced he may have eaten it due to teething. Anyway, I spent hours and hours trying to round up everything we needed to get a new passport for him in a matter of days. I'm not even going to get into all the ridiculous mess we went through with FedEx in the process. It's just too much to type. But, we ended up getting the passport the day before we had to leave, and I finished all my school work, mostly thanks to my parents helping out with Finley when they weren't busy working full time jobs. They were so great with Finley, and he had a blast playing with them!
Since we've been back, Finley has been terribly jet-lagged. He slept a mere 2 hours the first night, then the second night we had to get up 6 different times with him, including almost 2 hours straight of awake time in the wee hours of the morning. Last night was only slightly better. But hey, at least we're back together as a family of 3 again. We missed Nate a lot, and I don't know what I would have done if I had to fly back alone with Finley by myself on the long flight. Very grateful the passport worked out!
Nate took the camera bag with him to Boston, but I have some photos from my parents' camera. Here are a few for your enjoyment.
Hanging out with the great-grandparents.
What Finley spent much of his time at my parents' house doing: taking plastic utensils out of the cabinet, chewing on them, then leaving them all over the house.

Playing with Aunt Jessica & Uncle Brett, building and knocking down towers.
Granddad is so entertaining!
Finley is obsessed with being outside. If he could not be outside, he wanted to stand at the window and gaze outside.

