Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Bumbo

Now that Elise is getting better neck control, she gets to spend a little time in the Bumbo seat.

Here's the first attempt.  She spent most of it trying to get her hands into her mouth.

Look at those pretty eyes!  Nate has blue eyes and I have brown, but my dad has blue also.  That gives us essentially a 50/50 chance of blue or brown, because I could pass on the brown I got from my mom or the recessive blue from my dad to combine with the blue and green genes Nate has from his parents.  It's funny that my dad's blue eyes didn't win out for my sister or me, but now it appears they have for both our kids!  Nate's eyes are blue with a hint of green, but so far both kids' are more pure blue, so it's looking like maybe we both passed on blue to both children.  Of course, Elise's may still lighten or change some, so we'll see.  So interesting!