Elise went to the doctor for her 4 month check-up and vaccinations this week and she is now 13.29 lbs and 25 inches long! That puts her around the 40% in weight and 65% in length, wearing sizes 3-6 months depending on the brand. I just love Elise's chubby little baby cheeks and can't stop kissing them!
Elise is still struggling with reflux, and I feel a bit like I'm playing Russian roulette as far as my eating, even despite giving up dairy. Will my dinner bother her and keep us all up for the night or not? Last night I had green curry, and Elise wasn't a fan. That means more spitting up, arching her back in discomfort, waking up, not letting us put her in the crib, etc. The doctor said we need to just hold on until we start cereals, and if we are lucky that will solidify the milk better and minimize reflux and indigestion. Maybe I'll even get to eat dairy again! We're just trying to wait another month to make sure Elise's digestive system is a little more mature and tongue thrust reflex weaker before we start. Can't believe she's almost old enough for solid foods!
Here's a video of Elise just talking away. Click here.
And here's a video from Christmas Day. Click here. (Forgot we even took any video while we were in the States!)