I am so behind on the blog! I have photos and videos just sitting on the cameras, waiting to be uploaded and edited, and later posted to the blog. But I have a pretty good excuse: Finley, Elise, and I have been sick. :( It just started out as a little cold and cough, but none of us could knock it. That means sinus, chest, and ear infections, oh my! Finley and I are on our second round of antibiotics, because the first wasn't strong enough. Even with Elise going straight on the stronger antibiotic, she is just now (on the 4th day) showing any improvement at all. Poor thing's stomach is having a terrible time with the medicine, and it's given her a very painful diaper rash. She will hardly eat, and is currently taking 3-4 naps a day instead of 2. On top of all this, Nate has had a busy week at work. So I'm spent and just ready for everyone to be healthy again! Here's a photo of our poor little bug asleep in my arms on her sickest day.
I should give a 10 month update for Miss Elise, too. Can't believe we're in the double digits! Since she was sick and had to go to the doctor, I happen to have her height and weight for this month. She is now 74.2cm long (86%) and 8.3kg (47%). She has two top and two bottom teeth.
A little before Elise turned 10 months, she started saying her first words, much to our surprise! She says "uh-oh", "mah-mah" for Maddie (my parents' dog), and "noh noh noh noh" (no no no no). She is also starting to stand on her own now. So exciting! Can't wait until she's feeling better and ready to take on the world again!