Now this being HK, where you never know what will be available when, they were out of buns when we arrived. :( Fortunately the BBQ was good enough on its own that it didn't need a bun, and they had vinegar-based sauce like I prefer. To go with our BBQ we got a side of mac & cheese and hush puppies. The mac & cheese was delicious though a bit too much salt and pepper for my taste. The hush puppies were gigantic! They were good but could have stood a little onion. Overall, it was great for HK and will get the job done if I'm craving BBQ...but I'm still looking forward to some real NC BBQ soon!
This morning we just kept the good food going and I made a Dutch baby for breakfast, complete with fresh mango and blackberries. Not a bad way to start a Saturday!

