Yesterday afternoon the kids and I went down to the beach to play while Nate was at a men's conference at church. The ocean was actually a bit gross from all the storms and rain before, but it worked out well for Finley. There was a ton of seaweed in the water, so Finley and two slightly older French boys got to work dragging it out of the water. Finley could not have had more fun! He was in seaweed heaven!
These photos don't even do the pile of seaweed justice. It was probably 10 feet across and a foot high.
Elise finally got brave enough to touch it. She was feeling a bit clingy due to strangers trying to take her photo and wanting to hold her (which she and I graciously declined).
When Finley is happy, he may very well be one of the happiest people on the planet. He left the beach saying, "That was so fun! Mommy, I can't wait to come back and do that again!"


