Sunday, October 16, 2011

18 Months Old!

Guess who is 18 months old now! We went in for Finley's 18 month vaccinations this week and they weighed and measured him. He's 88cm tall, head is 50cm, and weight is 12.2 kg. That translates to 60th percentile for weight, 75th percentile for head, and....drumroll, please...a whopping 95th percentile for height!

Some exciting changes have been going on in our house recently. Finley gave up his pacifier, which is great as far as I'm concerned. I wasn't even trying to take it away, it just kind of happened. Previously, the main time Finley was allowed his pacifier was when he had diaper changes. Last week, however, he started getting so angry about the diaper changes that he would throw the pacifier at me, so of course I wouldn't give it back if he threw it at me! I saw an opportunity to do away with the pacifier and went with it! My only concern now is getting through long flights without it...

Unfortunately, one negative change is that Finley suddenly hasn't been napping on his own. Finley has never been a particularly fabulous sleeper. Recently he's been sleeping very well at night (around 11 straight hours), but terribly during naps. I think we need lots of prayer for this one. I've tried everything! It's making getting all my school work done pretty difficult.

Finley keeps learning more words ("no" is a popular one at the moment, as is "hi" every time he picks up one of our phones), and his dance moves continue to improve. He wants music on almost all the time we're at home, but then he won't stop pushing all the buttons on the stereo. Finley loves to get into the drawers in the kitchen, particularly the tupperware drawer. And he currently loves baths! He will even sit down in the bathtub sometimes now! (We can hardly get him to sit down anywhere, anytime, so that's saying a lot.) Finley still loves to be outside, and he loves to play with blocks and balls and read books.

Now on to the photos!

I took this photo during Finley's nap, because he was just too cute in his diaper, with his little bum up in the air. He stayed like that for about 45 minutes straight. It's bad quality because I took it with my computer, as that was all I had there with me in the bedroom.

Finley is somewhat of a picky eater, but then he surprises me by eating things that are very flavorful, such as Indian food. The kid LOVES curries!



HKIS had Pumpkinfest this weekend. It was a bit chaotic, but Finley had a good time checking out the pumpkins. Iris preferred sitting on the pumpkins.

This one was a bit too heavy for him to pick up, but he sure tried!



Trying to take a bite out of a pumpkin when he thought no one was watching.