Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Finley has an announcement...

We're expecting!  
There is another little Dennison due around Oct. 17th and we're super excited!

Here's the baby bump at 13 1/2 weeks, and I'm now 15 weeks.  Let's just say things happen a lot faster the second time around!  I didn't look like that with Finley until 18 weeks!

This pregnancy hasn't been a cake walk so far, and I'm very tempted not to share the story on the blog just for privacy's sake, but I'm going to do it as a testimony to the prayers and support we've received.  We had a scare very early on in the pregnancy and were worried something was seriously wrong.  When we went to the doctor, we found out that I had a subchorionic hemorrhage, which is basically a bunch of blood in the uterus.  Doctors don't really know why this happens during some pregnancies, and they don't have a lot of answers, but it does put the baby at greater risk for miscarriage and sometimes preterm labor.  So I was put on bed rest for a month, i.e., no doing anything except going to the bathroom or taking a quick shower, which was hard for all of us, particularly Finley.  He didn't understand why Mommy was stuck laying in bed or on the couch all the time and couldn't pick him up or take him out play.  However, once the baby got bigger and the SCH got smaller, I was taken off bed rest and given the restrictions of no exercise and no lifting, which is still what's going on now.  Let's just say Finley is much happier with this arrangement!
The SCH isn't completely gone yet, but we're so thankful that the baby seems to be doing great and the SCH is gradually resolving.  The reason I want to share all this is because we have felt so blessed by the prayers, encouragement, and support we've received from the people we told during this time.  It was a leap of faith to tell anyone we were pregnant because of the increased risks, and I'm honestly still nervous to announce it now, but I also know we got through that scariest part because of all those prayers.  We would still appreciate any prayers you can spare for healing for the SCH and continued growth and health of the baby.  We thank God everyday for this new little one and Finley!