We attempted another photo the next day and had a bit more success, so I guess this will be the official 20-week photo:
We got the best surprise in the mail today-- our first baby girl gift, sent from Aunt Jessica and Uncle Brett! They sent a super cute Boppy cover and newborn outfit, which we were so excited to receive! Aunt Jessica and Uncle Brett have great taste, don't they?! Looking at that tiny onesie, I could hardly believe Finley was ever that small, or that we're going to get to hold another little baby like that before we know it. Yay!
What else is going on? Finley is going through another screaming phase-- I think this makes three of these phases in the past year and a half. But at least based on the past two times, I know it should be temporary. Funny enough, he even lets out occasional squeals/screams in his sleep right now. Despite the tantrums, Finley brings such joy to our lives. I love how he gets excited about the littlest everyday things, like the sound of my parents' dog barking on Skype, or being allowed to help flush the toilet. It definitely gives me a new (and better) perspective on life.
Nate is busy reading report cards these days, and I'm preparing to substitute teach starting next week to cover a friend's maternity leave for the rest of the school year. Let's hope Finley adjusts well to that big change! We are all getting anxious to return to the States, but still have one more month to wait....


