Thursday, February 7, 2013

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'...

It's official, Elise has learned to roll this week!  Actually, she figured it all out in about 24 hours.  I videoed her when she was first trying to roll, and then again the next day so you can see how quickly she learned.  And by the third day she was even faster!  By today she pretty much flips immediately when I lay her down to play on the floor.  We're also excited because this means Elise can learn to sleep on her belly now.  She's already started doing it some, and as a result we've had as much as 4 straight hours of sleep a few times this week!  That is cause for celebration!  CLICK HERE for the video.

Here are some photos I took a week or so ago, so we'll call them her 4 month old photos.







Meanwhile, Finley is sick this week.  He has pink eye in both eyes and a cold (which I also have, again).  So we made the most of the contagious period by staying in and baking (dairy-free) cookies together.  Like at Christmas, Finley's favorite part was the sprinkles.



Promise I didn't stage this photo.  I looked over while we were eating the other day and Elise was in the bouncy seat, and she was sucking her thumb and holding the burp cloth and giraffe.  So sweet.


Oh, and don't let me forget the most hilarious photos, courtesy of Nate's iPhone.  Promise these weren't staged either.  Finley has just been really into feeding his baby recently.  We'll have to bust these back out when he gets married or has his first child!  Our helper, Cathrina, actually seemed slightly embarrassed when he first did this, but I thought it was sweet and funny.  He just wanted to be like his mama.  :)  Or maybe he was practicing for his future as a lactation consultant?