So I'm at the school now borrowing their internet because ours still isn't set up yet at home. I'm practically helpless without it. As soon as it's set up, I promise we'll put up more photos, because let's be honest- that's what everyone's really interested in!
Nate and I went shopping in nearby Aberdeen at a place called Horizon Plaza on Monday. We pulled up to a very plain building (I would say it was tall, but is 28 floors even considered tall here?), and I wondered if we were in the right place. Inside, however, was furniture heaven. We were advised by collegues to start at the top and work our way down, so we took the lift all the way up to floor 28 to a store called "Tree." Tree was trendy and full of beautiful natural-looking woods and fabrics which we were very happy to find out were recycled. It definitely turned out to be our favorite store!
We looked in many other stores up and down the 28 floors, with styles including everything from antique Chinese to very modern. We were quite successful in our venture, finding virtually all of the furniture we needed. I am so excited- we bought things that are real wood! (Forget IKEA and veneer!!) We got some good prices, especially considering the quality! In addition to that, delivery is quite cheap here. The stores we bought from had delivery/assembly fees of $12-$30. You can hardly order a pair of shoes for that kind of shipping in the US!
We get our first delivery today, a couch from Tree...I can't wait! It's going to be like Christmas over the next few weeks!