Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Baby Sneak Peek!

This past weekend, we went in for a growth and wellness ultrasound at 33 weeks 1 day.  They checked to make sure everything was functioning well for the baby, including the placenta and umbilical cord, how much amniotic fluid there was, and of course how she was growing.  We were happy to hear that everything looked great!  To estimate the size of the baby, they measure the head, stomach, and leg bone.  It was difficult to get a good picture of her head because she's so low already, but based on her best estimates, the ultrasound technician estimated our baby girl at about 4 lbs 12 oz.  This is great news just in case she were to make an early entrance, as size does matter with preemies!

We also got a little 4D sneak peek at the baby's face!  Once again, it was difficult to get a clear picture because she kept burying her head against the bottom of my uterus, so we didn't get a clear shot of her eyes and forehead.  Still, she's looking pretty cute if I do say so myself!  :)
    
As for me, I'm feeling all that 3rd trimester uncomfortableness.  It's definitely different this go around, probably because the baby has already dropped so early.  My body had to kind of readjust when that happened, causing even more aches and pains than usual.  Fortunately it's gotten slightly better in the past few days, so now I'm back to the normal lower back pain and very achy feet.  I definitely don't remember my feet being this sore with Finley!  I am also constantly trying not to sweat.  It is so, so hot and humid here, and I feel like I'm just walking around in the heat with a rubber suit on or something.  People warned me about being pregnant in the summer, and everything they said is true!

This baby is seriously active.  It's crazy.  And she must be super strong, the way she pushes so hard on me!  Good thing we have velcro swaddle blankets left over from Finley, because I'm guessing she's going to be one of those babies that busts right out of even the best swaddle job!