Friday, October 26, 2012

1 Month Old!

Yesterday Elise hit 1 month!  Can't believe a month has already gone by.  It certainly seems faster when you have two kids keeping you busy.  Elise has found her voice over the past couple of weeks, and she's been getting cranky in the evenings.  But we expected that, as most babies seem to have a rough time in the evenings.  Elise is waking up to eat every 2-4 hours at night, but thankfully I don't feel any more tired than I did when I was pregnant; I was waking up that frequently for bathroom trips and even more frequently because of aches and pains!  I think Nate and I are less deliriously tired this time...maybe we're more used to it?  And we're more confident and laid back, at least with Elise.  Finley is the tricky one, since this is obviously our first time parenting through the "terrible twos".

Elise went for a check-up at the doctor today, and she is now 9 lbs 6 oz.  She's around the 50% percentile for everything at the moment.  Here are some things we're loving about 1-month-old Elise:
  • The softest, finest, shiniest hair ever
  • Sleep smiles
  • Squeaks, snorts, and the occasional sweet little coo
  • Eyes that are getting brighter as the jaundice goes away
  • Cute newborn stretches- the ones where she arches her back and scrunches up her arms and legs
  • A few burps that would have made a frat boy blush   

Click here for a video from the past couple of weeks!