Finally, I have gotten around to making Elise's first video! Not like we've been busy or anything. Problem with two kids is that when Elise doesn't need me, I try to hang out with Finley if possible...or I try to do things like eating or maintaining some level of personal hygiene. So you may not get as many photos and videos as promptly this time, but I'll try my best, particularly for our family and friends back in the States. We want to share this special time with you from over 8,000 miles away. :)
Without further delay, here is the link to the video. CLICK HERE. I will warn you that it's a little longer than our videos normally are, so it may only be for serious Elise and Finley fans!
Elise had her first doctor visit today and she seems to be doing quite well. She's almost back to birth weight, and only has very slight jaundice. Her umbilical cord fell off too early, so it's still doing a little healing around there, but the doctor worked on it a bit today to help out the process. We just have to take her back to check her weight again on Monday and make sure she's gotten up to birth weight by then. Elise is getting more and more alert each day, and the doctor said her overall alertness and wakefulness for nursing should improve noticeably in the next few days as she gains slightly more weight and gets a few days older.
I have to say, I totally forgot how many diapers newborns go through! Finley only uses 3-4 a day, but Elise is a whole other story. Of course, the doctor said that it's a great sign that she's going through so many, because it means she's getting plenty to eat. Luckily newborn size diapers are cheaper than toddler size. On a related note, Finley has made some potty training progress in the past week! He has randomly started pooping and peeing in the potty at times, maybe about once a day. He's still not interested in going frequently or consistently, and we're not about to push it with everything else going on, but we're happy for the progress!