Monday, October 8, 2012

Brotherly Love

These photos are all from Elise's first week.  A couple of sweet little photos by herself...


 ...and lots with her big brother!  He sure likes to hug and kiss Elise!






I have been absolutely terrible about remembering to take pictures of Elise with her visitors, but here's one with my friend Stacey.  Stacey has two girls and is expecting another!

It's been busy, so I really have to look for time and energy to blog.  But I do want to take a few minutes to tell you about a typical outing with newborn Elise so you can appreciate our life right now.  This afternoon after Nate got home from work, he, Finley, Elise and I decided to walk to Stanley Plaza to buy a few things.  So we had to try to get the stroller (the big one, because Elise can't use the umbrella stroller until she's 6+ months old), Finley, and Elise down the 3 flights of stairs (because our apartment is a walk-up).  By the time we got there and made a quick stop in one store, Elise had to be fed, so I went into Starbucks and fed her while Nate and Finley played on the playground.  (We had to take two different elevators to get down to Starbucks, mind you.)  Both Elise and Finley pooped during this time, so we had to do a double diaper change.  There was one changing table, so Finley and Nate used that while I changed Elise in the stroller.  But of course once I opened up her diaper, she started peeing, so I had to act fast to keep her from peeing on the stroller.  Then we made a quick stop in the grocery store, and by the time we got out of the elevator on the top floor to walk home, Elise was demanding to be fed again (30 min. after the last feed).  So it was almost dinner time, we were not in a good location to feed her, and Finley was getting cranky, but I had to find somewhere to sit and feed her at least enough to be able to walk home.  Nate tried to keep Finley occupied running around for a few minutes while I did this.  We then walked home, but Elise got hysterical for some reason when we were still a couple of minutes away (turns out she had pooped again), so I had to take her out and carry her in one arm and push the stroller with the other while buses and cars whizzed past us on the busy street.  Nate tried to carry Finley and some of the groceries, because Finley was getting tired of walking.  Then when we got home, we had to try to get both kids, the stroller, and all the groceries up the stairs.  This took a couple of trips, and Finley was not happy about waiting upstairs with me and poopie Elise while Daddy got to go downstairs and get our things.  And there it is, a simple outing in Hong Kong with two kids!