39 weeks tomorrow, and still no baby. I really shouldn't be surprised, since about 99% of my friends having their first baby recently have gone overdue by days or weeks. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself that it could easily still be at least two weeks more, or even up to three. If everything looks okay, doctors will generally let you go up to two weeks overdue since the placenta will usually function fine for at least 42 weeks worth of pregnancy.
In the meantime, I'm going to lots of doctors appointments. Yesterday was the baby doctor and physiotherapy for my knee. Baby D. is weighing in at an estimated 7 1/2 lbs now. My blood pressure was a little high (for me, at least), so they took blood and are going to check just to make sure there are no signs of toxemia. I think it was probably just because I was hoofing it, still on one crutch, to make it to the appointment on time.
Nate and I went to dinner in SoHo on Monday. It was so nice to get out and go to a nice dinner. I had mock champagne to drink, and tried to pretend it was the real thing, although it clearly was not. We had lots of yummy tapas, and I got stared at plenty, being largely pregnant and hobbling on a crutch. Despite all the weird looks, it was still a great date with my hubby.
We took these photos before dinner.

Nate was feeling a little left out, so he stuck his belly out and took a belly photo, too. If his job at school doesn't work out, he should consider modeling maternity clothes. He's a natural.


Exciting news: the rest of the nursery furniture finally arrived yesterday! Now we're just waiting on the curtains to arrive. I'm particularly excited about our Dutailier rocker/glider and footrest. So nice. Today and tomorrow we're going to do some shopping to try to buy a few more things we need for the nursery- changing pad to fit on top of the dresser, hopefully a bookshelf, maybe a lamp, etc. We also need to put up this big tree wall decal we got. That's going to be a project! Eventually, we'll take photos of the nursery to put on the blog, but it's still very much a work in progress right now, so no photos yet!