Saturday, September 29, 2012

Welcome home, baby Elise!

Here are more photos from the hospital and going home.  Unfortunately there were so many people having babies that all the private rooms were full, so I had to be in a shared room.  My roommate was a major talker and had lots of visitors, so I got very little rest.  I decided to ask the doctors if I could come home a day early, and they agreed since everything was going well with Elise and me.  Good news is the shared room is going to save us a good chunk of money, and I was very glad to get home and be with Nate and Finley again!  

Wednesday: Elise's first bath




First visitors (other than Finley), our great friends Kathryn, Chris, and Iris


Thursday: Elise with the doctor who delivered her and Finley, Grace Cheung

Getting dressed to go home

Matilda Hospital, birthplace of both our wonderful babies

Putting our little one in the car seat

Our backseat is pretty full now with 2 car seats!

Happy to be home, snoozing in her crib

Someone likes to roll to her side already!


So how are things going at home?  Well, I have a feeling this is still somewhat the honeymoon period with Elise, as she's still mostly sleeping and eating.  She's sleeping so far a little better than Finley at this age, but the downside is it's more difficult to rouse her to eat.  Like Finley, she does seem to be a bit confused about her days and nights, but I'm sure that will get better with time.  Right now she does her best sleeping in the mornings, after Finley wakes up.  (Obviously Finley's loud antics don't bother her a bit!)

Finley seems to like Elise and be very interested in her, but he's also feeling the need to test boundaries even more than normal and be a bit more emotional.  I'm sure it's hard for him to share me with Elise, and it's hard for me, too.  I'm just so thankful that Nate has his fall break next week, so we get an extra week of him being home!  He's having to take the lead with Finley most of the time so I can try to recover and tend to Elise.  Unfortunately, Nate can't really help much in the baby feeding department, so that's Elise's and my primary focus right now.  Meanwhile, Nate is wrestling around with Finley and trying to keep him entertained and out of trouble. Speaking of, here come Finley and Nate inside from the pool, so I better go help out!  More later...